So what are you going to do with all of those leftover eggs after Easter is over? We’ve done our Easter egg dying, hunting and finding and now, we’ve got at least an extra dozen sitting around the house.
Here is a healthy twist on a favorite, and it’s so good and fancy looking, it’s worth having at your sit down Easter meal too!
Ingredients you'll need:
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup ripe avocado, mashed-more if you really love avocado!
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 packet Pranayums daily super spice shot
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Finely chopped fresh chives and cilantro, for garnish
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, Pranayums packet, mustard powder, cayenne and paprika. Salt to taste.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Spoon out the cooked yolks and transfer to the bowl with the avocado mixture. Mash together with the tongs of a fork until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the egg whites, or you can put the filling into a re-sealable bag, cut one end off and pipe it in. Garnish with paprika, chives, and cilantro before serving.
Inspired by the recipe by Kelsey Nixon