Made from fresh ingredients, this soup is naturally sweet and refreshing. The whole family will come back for more!
Ingredients You Will Need
- 8-10 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of a healthy oil like avocado or macadamia nut
- 24 ounces / 3 cups fresh carrot juice
- 12 to 16 ounces fresh orange juice (it’s fantastic with blood orange juice if you can find it).
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3-4 teaspoons Pranayums
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnish with chopped greens like chives, mint, parsley, cilantro, and/or scallions
- Heat the oil in a medium pot, and sauté the carrots and ginger in a little salt and pepper until just tender.
- Stir in 2/3 of the carrot juice and Pranayums and simmer until the liquid has reduced by 1/3.
- Whir in the blender with the orange juice and remaining carrot juice until smooth.
- If it is too thick, add a little water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill well before serving.